Skip to content

Illinois Woman Finds Latex Glove in Steak ‘n Shake Chili Mac

Sometimes all we want after a long day is a quick, easy meal. While quick and easy doesn’t necessarily mean healthy, it’s good enough for your fast hunger fix, and that’s exactly what Kaleigh Crum was looking for when she decided to stop at her local Steak ‘n Shake in Marion, IL on Friday night.

Ordering the Chili Mac to go, Crum made a startling discovery when she arrived home and sat down to eat her meal. In addition to the pasta, Kaleigh also found a latex glove in her food. Kaleigh says she was mixing the pasta together when the glove was discovered. “It was disgusting. I was crawling in my skin,” she says. She contacted Steak n’ Shake immediately, but rather than offering her a refund, all they did was apologize and offer her a replacement chili, which she declined.

Sadly this is not the first time this particular Steak ‘n Shake location has come under fire. Last year, Dianna Kimbro says she found glass in her food and almost broke a tooth, while others say the restaurant is unsanitary and unclean. Perhaps the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service needs to be brought in.

Comments are closed.